online poker

Friday 17 April 2009

Life is good

I am a quite happy and relaxed person at the moment. UKSPC holidays + Easter + 2 days off from work having flu, really reloaded my batteries. I got some great news from my job search in Gibraltar. I managed to take down two interview appointments for next week. One of them is a great job and a good opportunity. The job I really want is being the Executive Assistant for the MD of the following website: www.pokerstrategy.com

This would involve travelling the world, having an own marketing team to manage and the organisation of live promotion events. Obviously the job will have its boring sides as well but I only picked the good ones here to show off. 25k + bonuses don’t sound too shabby either and with a free-to-live in flat for the first 6 months this is a supreme job. I want this job so much. If everything goes like I wish then I might be living in Gibraltar at the beginning of June! Keep your fingers crossed for me.

The other job is a customer service role for bwin and nothing I am really keen on but bwin is the company that will pay for my flights and accommodation for the interviews so I am willing to please them with my attendance although I can’t see myself taking that job. I will be going to Gibraltar next Thursday morning. Looking forward to it. Means I get another short week at work. Yeehaa.

Oh this reminds me that I got offered a promotion at my current job as well. Basically promoting me into the ranks of a Sales Manager. No specific details so far but my salary would increase by a few k and I would need to travel Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg for one or two weeks a month. So this sounds great as well. Good times.

On the online Poker front I keep doing ok. I normally planned my first shots at NL25 yesterday but I felt very fruity, fresh and good so I bought in with a full stack at a NL100 table. I was one tabling and trying to concentrate on picking good spots. I got in a lot of very tricky decisions early on and had lost half my stack after 10 hands.
I decided not to give up as I still felt good and reloaded to a full stack. Immediately after my reload two epic fish sat down at the table. One to my left and one to my right. The guy too my right played some beautiful 90/2/0.5 (those stats are just guessed as I can’t use PT with PKR) and the guy to my left played some 70/5/0.5. It was brilliant. The rest of the table was pretty tight so when I was in HJ,CO, BT my favourite opponent was normally the open limper. I always raised there with basically any hand. The guy to my left came along most of the time as well and the blinds folded mostly. A simple C-bet was enough to take about 95% of those pots without any problems. Fortunately the fish to mi right had cracked two other players AA and KK at the very beginning with J7 and J5 and was therefore sitting on a $300 stack. I kept making the same move for 2 h and they kept folding to me. So good. Despite being half a stack down after 10 hands I managed to finish close to a full stack in profit. Good times.

My diet is going a bit slowly at the moment but this is mainly due to me being lazy with the working out and eating and drinking like I used to for the last two weeks. I just feel like playing more Poker at the moment. I am sure this will turn around when the next downswing arrives.

I’m going to Aspers tonight and will be donating my 20 quid to their Friday crapshoot, a few more quid to the Roulette and hopefully win it all back at the 1/2 cash games.

DiDabbaDabba DabbDaDa Life is good weehaa.

Stats:

Weight lost: 16.3 kg (2.56 Stone)
Weight to lose: 8.7 kg (1.37 Stone)

Poker:

Stars: - $ 70
PKR: + $ 256
Live cash: + £ 403.50
Live tourney: - £ 60

No comments:

About Me