online poker

Tuesday 21 October 2008

How it all began... (Part II)

On the online front things were always a bit slow. After about 8 months of only playing live I set up an account with PokerStars and deposited $50. I started with LHE and later turned to the 1 cent/2cent cash games. My bankroll double up within a few weeks but then I couldn't play anymore because at my home in Germany we had a Internet connection were we had to pay exactly what we have been using it. Like with a normal telephone line. This made online Poker a bit difficult as my parents did go mad about the trillion hours I spent online and causing loads of monthly costes only to win rediculously small amounts in the 1cent/2cent games. When I arrived in Durham I started to play more online again on Stars but after a few weeks I was sick of it and just burned my Bankroll on Stars by playing bad and silly and just having fun. This is something I nowadays only do in the live cash games. :-) People that have played with me and reading this will now nod with their heads.
In the early 2008 I set up an account with Full Tilt as they offered Rakeback and I was getting more motivated for online Poker again. I deposited $200 and started playing the NL10 tables. About 2 or 3 at a time. This went pretty well and my BR reached $450 within about 3 months. I've got to say this happend with an average of about 5k hands per month. Then the FTOPS VIII eight started and I felt like playing the 6-max NL event for $200+16 which is pretty stupid as it was half my BR but I was in the mood and had some money left and actually planned to redeposit that money if I wouldn't cash. I didn't cash and didn't re-deposit.
After realizing that I was tilting so badly when I got a bad beat in the NL cash games I started to play on the limit holdem tables on Full Tilt as soon as I was tilting. I discovered that those tables were really soft and a ridiculous amount of players were playing 40% - 60 % of their hands preflop. The problem with LH is that you obviously get outdrawn a lot more than in NL as you have not really a chance to protect your hands. But players seem to play pretty bad at the LH tables and I started winning money in almost every session I played with the advantage that LH at these stakes normally never causes you to make a difficult decision. It was a walkover for the first weeks. I stepped up pretty quickly to $0.5/$1 and was still winning. Then I didn’t find a job and needed to withdraw some money. I left $200 on the account to have the BR to grind my way back up. Since that I grinded my way back up to about $450 but for a few thousand hands I am only break even and I do seem to reach the $500 mark again at which I normally would start throwing in 0.5/1 every now and then. Anyway since the mid September I start feeling a little more motivated again and hope to put some more volume in than in the last weeks. Oh every now and then I throw in a $5 HU SNG on Absolute Poker as I have some money left there which I got for free. That means I couldn’t withdraw it. I had like 11$ left on there and invested $10 in a HU Sng which I won and since that playing 5$ HU Sng’s which are incredibly soft but I do not really enjoy them. I have only lost one out of 15 so far. Really running well there.
Anyway this is about everything that happened so far and from now on I’ll be looking forward to see if I can make some progress. Tonight is the little 5 Pound tourney which I organize in a Pub. I really want to win this tonight as I haven’t cashed in a tourney for a few weeks.
Until next time
Truthans

No comments:

About Me