online poker

Thursday 30 October 2008

Nemesis Poker Hand of the Month Award

First of all I think this is going to be little bit of a October review. In Poker terms there is not really anything positive to write about. To be honest I think it was the worst month I ever had in Poker since I started playing. Online all except one session were losing sessions. Normally my October plans were to finally move up in the limit and never look back but as Poker does not do what you wish for I ended up swinging down in October. Since the Durham Poker Society tournaments have finally started again and all the Poker playing students are back in town I started to play a little bit more live. I did not cash in a single freaking tournament I played this month with the two worst results being me busting in the first hand of the Poker soc tourney when I made fours full on the turn and the other bloke turnt Quadzilla with his pocket 66's. Chips in the middle, flip cards over, puke in the dealer's face. Obviously I was unlucky enough to have dealt that hand myself so I would have needed to puke in my own face. What a freaking tragedy. The tourney starts at 5.30 and I park my car always close to the uni building but have to pay and display for the last 30 min. before its 6.00 . In this tourney I was out at 5.35! I couldn't believe I was out before my parking ticket was due. Second bad result was last Tuesday in the tourney I organise myself. I made the final table incredibly short stacked with about 6 BB in the next few hands 3 players bust and we are suddenly already on the bubble. At this point of time I had only 3 BB left and find KK. From this moment I had a unbelievable 10 minute rush to make me the chip leader. I was now very confident to take it down. Somehow I managed to lose my whole stack within the next 15 minutes and busting on the bubble getting my last chips in the middle with AK and run it into TT that flopped a set.

This now brings me to the "Nemesis Hand of the Month" award. And the award goes to... AK.
This hand fucked me all over the place this month. I run it into KK and AA unbelievable amounts of time, could almost never win a flip and got my pairs outdrawn by it too often. Because I'm so annoyed by this hand this month I'm not gonna play the hand for the whole next month, so it can sit in the freaking corner and think about what it was doing to me. That bitch.

Here one of the classic October AK memorable moments:

...hm damn it... doesn't work with the HH as I want it... I see later what I can do. Maybe I see how those hand replayers work.

Anyway I'm not too sad as the losing amounts were normally pretty small. What brings me especially in the cash games to a point I have been thinking about for a while now. Since I am working full time now and my wage is not one of the worst, the stakes I'm playing the cash games in seem to lose their meaning to me. I don't know if it would be a good idea to deposit some more money and just step up to some stakes that start bothering me. I will have to think about that more deeply. Anyway I could need a win in a freaking tourney so I hope I run a little better in November and get a moment of succes. Psychologically this would be pretty important for me. Ok I stop crying know and look forward to whole month of not playing AK. What a bitch.

On the Golf side of life I still only managed to play Par once. I normally play the 9 hole course which is right around the corner from where I live. I am playing a 50 at the moment and this course is a Par 29. On 9 holes obviously. I am getting better but it is pretty slow. Last time I only fucked up my first drive. All the other 8 were something between average and good. Winter kicks in soon and there will be less golf I think but I definetely love this game. Although a 4 or 5 put tilts me more than my AK experiences of this month. If the "not playing AK" experiement works out in December when I start playing it again I will try to do the same with the clubs in my bag that regularly fuck my swings up. Those bitches. Well then November is knocking on the door and I look forward to it just for making this bloody October forgotten. That bitch.

Laters

Truthans

No comments:

About Me