online poker

Friday 20 February 2009

Up and down like a whore's knickers

I was actually goint to post a nice positive, up-beat blog entry a few days ago but I couldn’t finish it so I postponed the publishing a bit. In the meantime things have changed and I have no reason for an up-beat post anymore. Here just a quick conclusion of what happened since I last posted. My Full Tilt withdrawal was cancelled as I did a mistake with my IBAN number. So the money I wanted to withdraw landed back on the account and I decided that this was a sign from heaven and sat back down at the cash tables, playing 1/2 LHE HU, .5/1 LHE 6max, .05/.10 NL 6max and the odd tourney. All in all I went on to run like a boat in the dessert crying to find an ocean but it won’t even start raining. For some very strange reason I decided to deposit $100 on Stars as they have .5/1 LHE HU tables which seemed really, really soft to me when I checked them out with opponents limping their buttons 98% of the time and being as aggressive as turtle on Marijuana.

So I gave Stars another go although it is tough to beat those limits as the rake is insane (as mentioned before) and Stars unfortunately doesn’t do any rakeback. But the first couple of thousand hands went well and I was beating the game as well as the rake. Then last weekend I managed to bust the complete $200 dollar BR within a very few hands when my opponents on this day just seemed to hit every fucking board and outdrawing a ridiculous amount of my made hands. Having a 2k hands losing session with AA,KK and QQ belonging to my losing hands basically says it all. I guess I should have stopped at one point of time and gave it a break of a few days but instead I went on playing and obv started playing terribly as soon as I only had like $60 left in the account. Stars BR now stands at $7.20

Stars will never see any of my money on a cash table ever again. On Full Tilt I basically ran the same, with a little streak of success in between when my BR was over the $550 mark once again and went back down to now $420. Well all in all January and February have been my absolutely worst Poker months ever and I regret every minute I wasted in front of my Laptop just to switch it off in massive anger. So I decided once again to withdraw my money from Full Tilt, leaving $20 behind to grind the micro buy in tourneys just as I did when I started. If those $20 are gone I am done with Full Tilt, as I do not plan to re-deposit money there. If the money gets more, fine. The same will be done with the $7 on Stars. For those $7 I have the aim to grind them back up to $100 then withdraw and then uninstall the Stars software. If I won’t manage, then fine.

As Stars and Full Tilt have not treated me well in 2009 I decided it is time for a new site to try. I decided to give PKR a go. This has the reason that any decent Poker player would normally avoid this site. This brings me to the conclusion that all players there are terrible. So I will fit in perfectly. Rakeback + bonus sounds fine as well. The limited opportunity of multi-tabling doesn’t really affect my as my average amount of tables is 4 anyway and that is possible with PKR. I am not sure yet what my standard games on the site are going to be but I am sure I will find out soon.

This altogether will mean that in future I will play a lot less volume than I played in Jan/Feb. I will shut down any poker table as soon as I realise that my mood will be affected in a bad way. My poor gf had to cope with my grumpy post poker mood for two months now. She’ll surely leave me very soon if that goes on and I won’t let small stakes Poker make that happen with my life.

It is really a shame that this year started so terrible pokerwise as I had plans/aims and a lot of motivation. Well I guess that’s the game and whoever wants to be good at it has to learn to live with periods like this. Poker aims are now excluded from the aims section. At least for a while.

Aims:

14.9 kg to lose (2.34 Stone)


P.S. Sorry for this terribly whiny post but that are my feelings atm. So the decision is either not to post or to post this whiny crap. I obv decided to post. Things will change. Surely. Hopefully. PLEASE.

Señor Truthans de la gente que no pueden ganar dinero jugando.

1 comment:

Riga_T said...

man muss köhnfident* sein! Hope it turns round my son.


*Sorry for the massacre, I fucking love Denglish.

About Me