online poker

Wednesday 11 November 2009

HU Cash

I am dabbling a bit around in the online poker world. My usual game is NL100 full ring but I am getting bored by that at the minute. I tried my bollocks another time at the short handed tables but I seem to do essential mistakes in my short handed game. I am especially stacking off far too light and have a tendency to be over-aggressive. No idea why I only have those tendencies in short handed games. Just seems to not be my kind of game and I decided to give up on NL 6-max. Maybe I need to switch to the limits where they respect my raises. ;-)

As I have recently read about it in James Keys' blog I thought I give HU Cash on PKR a go as well. Because I have no real clue about that game, I watched some videos on PokerStrategy.com and decided to try my luck at NL25 HU tables. I really enjoyed it and managed to beat my opponent up in a two hour match to claim a 4 stack profit victory. I am not sure if I am tilt resistant enough though to play that kind of game consistently. I was close to implode when my TT got outdrawn by 85o but managed not to blow up after taking deep breaths for 2 minutes. I guess in HU tilt is pretty much the worst thing that can happen to you and bringing your opponent on monkey tilt is probably to most profitable way to approach HU. I have no idea. I used to play fixed limit heads up quite a bit but it is a completely different game and the experience doesn't help for NL HU games whatsoever.

I think I am going to try playing 4 or 5 other opponents on NL25 HU and see how I feel. If I feel I was in control I will switch to NL50 HU but am aiming to play NL100HU. I wouldn't mind doing some bum hunting either but I feel that this might not be necessary on PKR. I think on a site like Stars or FTP even those low stakes games must be kinda tough to beat if you don't put enough effort in.

Our long time German friends which we lived together with in the UK for a while are coming to visit us here in Spain for a week. I got a few days of work and hope to enjoy a nice long weekend. Very much looking forward to the banter the next days. Bought a bottle of Gin, Vodka and Jack Daniel's. I think total the cost was £3.50 ;-)

Just read that Robert Enke committed suicide yesterday and I am actually quite shocked. He was a superb personality and a great goalie! Also he was on a good way to be our number 1 for next year's World Cup. German football lost a great personality and sportsman. RIP.

Laters,

Truthans

No comments:

About Me