online poker

Wednesday 2 December 2009

Sooo many news!

My god, there is so much that needs writing about that I don't even know where to start. I probably forget half the things that were interesting. I left it just far too long for this post. In general I am still enjoying my job and on good days we still reach the 20 degree mark down here.

Firstly, a couple of weeks ago we had our very good German friends over from England where we left them alone with the rain and the terrible football teams of the north east. I took a few days of work, although due to extreme business went in the office for 2 hours on my holiday to get some stuff done. It was all great fun, we had a look at a few places, got smashed in the pubs one night, got smashed at home another night and basically enjoyed being together again. I really missed that. We are living about 30 mins drive away from Gibraltar at the minute which kills a lot of my social life. So having really good friends over was superb. Just like it used to be.

Other than that my girlfriend is looking around for a new job as she can't really identify with the job that she has in gambling at the moment. She has made it through a lot of stages at PricewaterhouseCoopers so far and has another interview early next week. If she can get that job she would be a very happy person and that would make me a similar happy person. Although her job has improved quite a lot during the last few weeks and it seems as if they were to prepare her for a supervisor role.
Yesterday her company had a online Poker tournament for employees only. £1500 guaranteed and only 55 starters. I was watching her table and she gave me her hands through via skype and I obviously crushed the game. We made the final table and with 5 left we were chipleader. I then missed to fire a third barrel against an obvious flush draw when I had no showdown value and gave one of my opponents to much credit for being able to 3-bet light as a resteal and I 4-bet shoved and my J9 couldn't improve against his AK and we busted in 5th for £100. Which isn't too bad for a freeroll.

As mentioned before I got a little sick of the fact that my social life actually happens in Gibraltar which is 30 minutes away from where I life. This indicates that either I always need to drive, my girlfriend has to drive or I need a taxi. This indicates that 3 pints with the mates after work just aren't possible. Now that my salary has changed significantly I managed to convince my girlfriend to move to Gibraltar with me. Now we are moving into very new building in the centre of Gib in a apartement in the 14th floor with a huge balcony. The biggest asset of the new flat ist this though:





It's a very sweet area that includes six pools and another six jacuzzi's which are just in front of our door and can be used as freely as we wish and when we wish. The balcony of the apartment is huge as well. The flat itself is quite a bit smaller than our current flat and will only have one bedroom but it is definitely enough for us. Just our guests will need to cope with the airbed in the living room from now on.
I am looking forward to Gib. We are only moving in on the 25.01.2009

Next thing to happen was a quick e-mail by good friend and staker James Keys stating "I am in Gibraltar today. Give me a ring if you get this message" - I thought "sweet" and rung him. He was on a poker trip with a mate (bowburn) and I met up with him in the San Roque Club to rail Bowburn playing the tournament he qualified for. There was some real money on the line and with only 29 starters anything was possible. Unfortunately Bowburn busted in 7th place when he pulled out a resteal shove against a weak open-raiser but got unlucky and ran into SB's QQ's and couldn't hit his 30%. 5th was £5000.

I wasn't really part of the package but enjoyed the free drinks and the free buffet that had been prepared. Had good fun with Keys on the rail and won a bet for a tenner when he said that 10 people or less would bust within an hour and I had 11 or more. At 57 minutes 10 were out and I managed to bink the last bust out to take down the bet just before time running out.
After the tourney Bowburn was quite gutted and so they didn't want to go on a lash in Gib with me and play some cash. I can understand it. I would have puked in the dealer's face several times myself. Because keys had money on the 7th and the 6 th place finisher he would probably still join me in puking.

What else is there to report. Hm... maybe some poker. Online I have been crushing my opponents and busted everyone that played against me except for one hit'n'runner so far. It is good fun as well and I feel that there is so much more reasoning behind my decisions now than about 6 to 12 months ago. I consider myself as a good poker player now. I mean I am not amazing or sick but I feel I didn't get stuck in the game. I feel I evolved and can beat a certain range of different stakes. I wish I was able to put more time in studying stuff but hey whatever. I have read a few good articles about HU play and watched more videos. Still haven't put a lot of volume in but I never really will.

The live games have gone very nicely the last few weeks and I was running golden, golden, golden. Flopping a set with JJ's against QQ's and KK's was certainly one of my favourite moments. I haven't had a losing session for absolute ages and my graph looks rediculously pretty. Unfortunately I promised myself not to post my graph anymore before I had not played 50 sessions.

Here are the current stats:

Sessions: 33
Total Profit: £2011.50
Profit since Staking: £1049.50

Speak soon

Truthans

No comments:

About Me