online poker

Thursday 9 September 2010

Just married... (Part 1)

It's about time to get back in the swing of blogging now. I was quite busy catching up with things here in Gibraltar in the first 2 weeks after the holiday. Yes, I am a married man now and although this must be one the most shocking news for all women out there: I am off the market. Sorry ladies.

The 2 weeks in Germany were amazing and I am going to try and give you a few details of our great experience. After landing safely in Germany on Friday 13th and then spending the weekend meeting old friends we had to start for the eve-of-the-wedding party which was scheduled for Wednesday 18.08. in my little home village.

The rain falls in Germany had basically forced us to find an alternative to our idea of putting 4 big beer tents on the field next to our house. So we had to move somewhere with solid underground. Fortunately we were able to go into the community building of our villages "Schützenverein" which was just great. I had hired a DJ, bought alcohol, bought Bratwurst and steak and our families prepared a mountain of salads.

It is a German tradition to throw old porcelain in front of the door of the future couple and for the guests that normally means a lot of fun as they know that the couple have to clean up the mess the next day. Another thing they love is to throw shitloads of metal crown caps as they are really nasty to get rid of as soon as a few people stepped on them. The cleaning the next day took ages and produced 600kg of rubbish.





The party in the evening had about 150 guests and many old friends were seen. I had bought 400 bottles of beer (0.5l). Those were gone by midnight and I had to rely on my friendly neighbor who luckily had another 100 bottles which turned out to be enough fortunately.

A lot of drinking, chatting, embarrassing games, dancing and displays of the carnival group of my mother in law were involved in the party. I very much appreciated that there were no fights or any other unpleasant surprises. Except maybe this guy falling over the massive bbq grill at 4 am.

for now I am not gonna write much more about the party but give you some pictures. Next blog entry will be more general stuff and poker stuff and then I continue with the details of my wedding, whether you like it or not. :)










It's Gibraltar national day tomorrow so I better get my red and white clothes ready. I don't want to stick out in the masses.

3 comments:

isaac said...

Congratulations mate thats all realy good news, that porcelain tradition sounds awesome.

mulhuzz said...

Congrats man!

Also, Polterabend...seid ihr eh doch imma so verrueckt in 'Schland oder?

Glueeeeeeckwuennnnnnnsche!

Unknown said...

This is a good site! come on and join with us!
Abg cantik ngocok memek merah menggelambir

About Me