online poker

Friday 19 December 2008

Breaking even

This could possibly be the last post for this year as I am flying to Germany tonight for two weeks of Christmas vacation. Its going to be good fun with lots of alcohol and proper food. The only thing that pisses me off are the fucking exchange rates for fucks sake what a piece of shit this economy is. I haven’t got any euros left on my german accounts which means I will need to exchange Pounds. Puke.

Anyway pokerwise I missed to take down my Tuesday Pub League with a very disappointing result in the last tourney when I only needed to become second to win the jackpot money. I ran two pair into a turned wheel and was pretty gutted. On Monday night I wanted to play the PLO WBCOOP event but messed up the starting time and the tourney had already been running for an hour when I wanted to start playing. The Tuesday NL event started midnight and I played it full speed either getting a monster stack within 20 mins or bust. I obviously busted. Didn’t play the Wednesday PLO08 as it was starting far too late but Nathan took it down so congrats to him for that amazing performance and brilliant prize. The Thursday NL event started well but I then couldn’t get lucky with a Flush draw which I pushed into KK and then choose the wrong time when I tried to squeeze with AJ and run into AK and AA. Lol. But I played three sessions of heads up $1/$2 limit holdem. It’s only been around 300 hands but I am running at about 5ptBB which is far too high. I hope after 20k hands it will be around 2 -3 ptBB but we will see. I am not even sure yet how profitable this can be as the rake is an absolute disgrace at this level but I am not rolled for the $5/$10 tables. The HU SNG’s are not going too well atm but I will keep playing them as I really enjoy heads up and I think the time I spent in limit holdem really helped me to control my tilt and keep myself calm after I stacked of against some miracle. The LH 6max sessions on 0,50/1 didn’t go to well either but here I think I played well most of the time but was on the painful end of variance. That should outweigh soon if I can go on playing well. All in all it is again pretty much a break even month which starts to piss me off as I am playing break even for about 4 months now and I am sick of it. I hope I can set up the internet on my laptop when I am at my parents’ in Germany and really want to try to get some monster sessions in as my parents finally got a fixed pay monthly connection.

On the other side I think it could be time to evaluate this blog. I think starting blogging was a pretty good Idea as it made me to play more Poker because I wanted to have something to write about in this “Poker Blog” and furthermore it helps me to set myself aims and keep a little track of how I am doing. Furthermore I think my posting frequency is ok. I might even post too often? I don’t know. So I definitely want to keep this little online diary going and hope it will help me to achieve my tough aims for 2009.

Oh I almost forgot to report that I’m busto on Stars. I put my $ 4,21 on two 1p/2p cash tables and ran QQ into A2 and overplayed J6 on a 456 flop when villain flopped the straight. Lol I can’t beat 1p/2p. Now I haven’t even got $ 0,10 for one of those brilliant 360 runner tourneys left. Damn it. Donations are welcome. Lol.
I wish everyone a lovely Christmas time and a happy new year. We’ll see us at the tables in the new year.

1 comment:

Riga_T said...

Have a good christmas Hannes, can you do me a favour and bring me back some proper frankfuerters if you've got time!? I'll cough up when I next see you. Laters mate.

About Me