online poker

Monday 15 December 2008

Poker Fun

Although I decided to take down last Saturday’s DUPS tourney I busted in 11th place. I don’t know how that happened especially considering that I stacked two people within the first 20 minutes with a turned straight and 77 > AK. Think it was three pots of which I need to win at least one but couldn’t. JT < QT; KT < 99 and AQ < 77. I won’t complain as I should probably just fold JT and KT Preflop on a full table which would only leave the standard flip with AQ vs 77 but I am going to this tourney to play not to fold. Although I was pretty embarrassed by having to show JTo (which I raised UTG) when Isaac went AI with his last chips and had QT. The 1p/2p cash game was hilarious afterwards. After all those weeks I finally was able to play it with Tony at the table which had to be massive +EV for all the other players. I decided instead of just playing every hand I was going to min-raise every hand pre flop which was great. Ridiculous how often people shoved into me after my min 3-bet and I obviously had to call with 95 or whatever. I think I was in for £15 when I finally started to hit miracles: QT > A6, A2 on a JQA flop. Turn 8, River 9. Get in! And one of the best moments was me min-raising a 18p raise from UTG to 36 obv and he shoves and I snap with A2 and he shows KK. Flop: xxx and I tell him not to worry because I will hit an Ace on the river. Turn: A, River: x, lol he was so disgusted. A few hands later I completely busted him when my A6 held. This game was so funny there were hardly any hands without an PF AI. I was really sad when Matt announced to deal the last hand.

I started another Sunday session of HUSNG’s and it seems that Sunday’s are a bloody bad day for me to play Poker I played roughly 40 HU’s now and the only ones I lost were on Sunday’s. During the week I won every single HUSNG just to throw away the week’s profit on Sunday. I have to go on with them and yesterday even after losing three in a row I didn’t feel I was tilting and was able to fold AK on a flop where he obv flopped some random middle or bottom pair and moves in. Keep practising Hannes. After I ended the session I started to prepare the sandwiches for work today and after being accepted for the WBCOOP I looked a bit on Stars’ lobby to see what is going on as I haven’t played on Stars for ages. I had $ 0,31 left in my Stars account and decided to sign up for a 360 runner, $ 0,10 tourney (It’s a bargain! They do not even want rake! lol). Turned out this was the best thing I could have done after losing money on the HU’s. This is sooooo funny. I just laughed my cock of when players limp for 80% of their stack UTG just to fold to a raise. :-D Absolutely great fun. If you are playing on Stars and you need to get off tilt sign up for one of those it is absolutely hilarious. Honestly. I actually became 3rd for a return of $ 4. Lol. Massive BR increase though. Good things about this tourney are:

• Hilarious level of play (emotional ++++EV)
• Only lasts about 2h max.
• No other skill than PF hand selection involved at all. It is push or fold from the very beginning.

With those $ 4,21 I decided to try and spin it up to whatever amount. I think two buy-ins for a 1c/2c cash game should be enough. With this confidence boosting 3rd place finish I am well prepared to take down one of those WBCOOP events and win this premium tourney package. I haven’t decided yet which one of those I am going to take down but I’ll let you know asap. It starts tonight with some PLO I think.

Hans Bratwurst

No comments:

About Me