online poker

Wednesday 10 June 2009

Good Bye England

I am sitting in on the floor in my completely empty flat and lots of memories from the past two years are running around in my head. My ferry to Amsterdam is leaving in a few hours and I will head to the port in a few minutes. I managed to get almost all the personal belongings of me and my gf in my tiny little Saxo. Well except those mountains of things that I had to sell obviously.

My last few days in England were great as I had the chance to properly say good bye to almost everyone that I met during my time here. Last Saturday I went out with my former Uni mates from Germany and some English mates who I did a little bit of music together. I got absolutely hammered and had a quality night, getting very emotional at the end.

Sunday saw me going to Aidan's Beer Festival with a mate and meeting all the quality lads from the Poker Soc there. The afternoon was pure fun with really good banter. I got slightly drunk again and said good bye to this amazing bunch of people. That day I planned to leave my car at Aidan's and pick it up next day but being the lazy fuck that I am I decided that I could still drive and did that. So glad that I didn't get caught or killed somebody.

Yesterday I said good bye to my other Poker lads from my Pub game which was very emotional as well.

I really want to point out that I feel very fortunate that I had the chance to get to know so many amazing people and therefore really got a deep insight in a different culture. Thanks for everything guys you made two years of England a lot of fun!

It is always difficult to stay in touch but it would be really nice if we could do so and hopefully see us all again on my wedding next year. Keep it up! Keep it German! :-)

I am not gonna spoil this good bye post with Poker but the blog will now move to Gibraltar and hopefully I will have some cool stuff to report. So, see you guys on here in the near future.

Hasta Luego

Truthans

3 comments:

isaac said...

very sad to see you go mate, cant wait for a holiday in Gibraltar

Ptevey said...

All the best with the new job mate, sure it's gonna be a lot of fun.

Make sure you keep posting us updates, I always enjoy them

GL

Truthans said...

Man am I pissed. I keep re-reading this post and really think that I should keep talking to myself while driving french rural roads to produce some funny encounters. (that's where I met the zombie french) 44 hours awake know. sick. Not possible I thought. Science says it isnt but I did it. What a proud fat german Poker fuck I am. Should I apply for UK Gatsby's blog post of the motnh award? Lord let me run good and keep me writing pleasurable things. (the correction of this comment took me ca 1h) (the correction of the the last bracekt took me about tha same time. FML. Because we are loving it!

About Me