online poker

Thursday 24 June 2010

Germany vs. England



Although we struggled a bit to beat Ghana we fortunately managed to win our group with 6 points. The constellation has it that Germany will face England in the k.o. stage of the last 16.

Of course Germany vs. England are matches with a big history that created a lot of tales that are still being told by those that witnessed. I know that Germany is probably the team that injects any England player the most motivation possible but I also know that there are possibilities of some England players shitting their pants already with the prospect of busting out a World Cup yet again against the German Tanks.

The German team has a lot less of this "tank" cliche nowadays than in the 90's and I think we actually have some pretty fine football players in our squad, which means that I don't think it's going to be as much of a fight as 1990 for example. But maybe I am wrong.

For me this match is very special as of course, first of all I am a proud German and a huge football fan but secondly because I lived in England for a while and have a slightly emotional connection to the country and the people. I am so excited about this match already it's unreal. I am so glad that it will likely go over 120 minutes because I really want to suck in every minute of the upcoming penalty defeat that Germany will put on England. :-)

I guess if Germany wins I need a day of on the Monday after.

Bring it on!

1 comment:

Michael T. said...

Ohh what a game! It's so strange that Germany can be so unlucky in one game (against Serbia) with regards to the referee and in another like yesterday gets such an advantage! The big question is, would Germany have won HT 2:2? They have been unstable at the end of the first HT and weren't really over it beginning of the 2nd. Nevertheless I'd say it was the best game the Germans played in this world cup. The goals, the team play, the tricks (I thought I was fucking watching Brazil playing, but realised it's Germany ;) and the fairness in the games (2 yellows? only), as well! But I can imagine that some German fans didn't have a nice night in Framwellgate Moor, Durham :D

What makes me happy is that Loew has put together a team of mainly youngsters and wins (so far) - this is grant stuff.

Germany! ALL THE BEST TO YOU!

About Me